There’s no one-size-fits-all treatment when it comes to prostate cancer. Many times, it depends on a patient’s overall health, age, and the stage of the cancer. But there is a reason more than 60,000 American men choose radiation therapy to treat prostate cancer each year, according to the Prostate Cancer Foundation. And there’s an even bigger reason for patients to turn to CyberKnife, a highly targeted form of radiation known as stereotactic body radiation therapy or SBRT, instead of other forms of radiation. CyberKnife Treatment Success Rate 98% for Prostate Cancer. You read that correctly. But read it again if you’d like. CyberKnife Treatment Success Rate 98% for Prostate Cancer. Why is CyberKnife so successful? It kills tumors with targeted precision and accuracy. The best part — it leaves healthy tissue unaffected, according to the experts at the CyberKnife Center of Miami. “CyberKnife has few side effects. Its pinpoint radiation beams targets only the prostate, so we can give a much higher dose with a lot fewer treatments, leaving healthy surrounding tissue virtually unharmed. There’s over 20 years of published studies support,” says Dr. Mark Pomper, board-certified radiation oncologist and medical director of CyberKnife Miami.
Prostate Cancer Treatment: The CyberKnife Advantage
According to Accuray the maker of CyberKnife, there’s a reason this technology works so well for prostate cancer.
- There have been 20,000-plus patients treated over more than 15 years.
- It’s been studied – a lot. There are close to 100 peer-reviewed articles about CyberKnife treatment for prostate cancer.
- Its pinpoint accuracy destroys the tumor without destroying healthy surrounding tissue. That means there is less risk of side effects including impotence and incontinence.
- CyberKnife moves with the patient to make sure the prostate is the only thing targeted.
- There are excellent five- and 12-year disease free survival rates in low-risk patients.
- This is an outpatient non-invasive procedure. It does not require anesthesia.
- Treatment is completed in five sessions instead of 30-45 with traditional radiation.
- It’s quicker and safer and causes less disruption to a patient’s life.
Charles, a CyberKnife patient said he was “scared to death” when he was diagnosed with prostate cancer, according to Accuray. “I had never had radiation, so I didn’t know what to expect,” Charles said. The treatment was amazing. It’s like an X-ray, you feel nothing.” Charles reported no side effects after his CyberKnife treatment. “I had no impotency, no urination problems, no burns, no problems whatsoever,” he said.
CyberKnife for Prostate Cancer
The American Cancer Society says one in nine American men will face a prostate cancer diagnosis in his lifetime. Six in ten cases are diagnosed in men older than 65 with the average age of 66. If you were diagnosed with prostate cancer, call CyberKnife Miami for a consultation or for a second opinion. Your doctor may make a treatment recommendation but getting a second opinion and making an informed decision is every man’s right and responsibility. CyberKnife Miami treats patients from across the country and right here at home in Miami-Dade, Broward, Palm Beach, and Monroe counties. Our goal is to get you back to your life – cancer free. If you would like to find out more about prostate cancer treatment with CyberKnife, call us now at 305-279-2900 or go to our prostate cancer website now for more information. www.prostatecancertreatmentmiami.com